Annabel Hamilton
Annabel farms 2,700 acres in the Scottish Borders and North Northumberland with her parents, Will and Carol, as well as writing for the Farmers Weekly.
Profile Picture

Annabel is farming 2,700 acres on predominantly grade 3 and 4 soils on the East Berwickshire coast. Winter crops make up 80% of the acreage with the other 20% in spring cereals, vining peas and land rented out for potatoes.

The farm finishes between 300-350 cattle a year. Store cattle are bought from all across Scotland and Northern England throughout the year at between 8-12 months old. They are all predominantly Limousin cross heifers and bullocks which are finished. All cattle are sold liveweight at H&HS Newtown St Boswells market every week.

Before returning home in June 2020, Annabel spent several years in Lincolnshire and Northumberland working in farm management.

Annabel and her husband Tom also run St Abbs Pumpkin Patch in the month of October. It’s coming up for its 5th season and has been very well supported by the locals and to date they have donated over £5,000 to a local charity.

Off the farm Annabel is a Director for AgriScot as well as the Borders Machinery Ring and an Arable Farmer Focus writer for the Farmers Weekly.